In this week’s meditation session, I found
myself facing the same issues as the past sessions, fighting to stay
awake. It’s not that I’m uninterested in
meditation; I just think that maybe with my hectic schedule, my mind and body
see it as an opportunity to rest and sleep.
Having the type of schedule that I have is even more reason that I need
to meditate. I think that perhaps if my
motives were different, than maybe I’d be able to get more out of this. Meaning that if I were meditating in a way I
find more suitable for me as opposed to doing it because it’s assigned, maybe my experience would be a bit different.
Unfortunately, I can’t report that I’m any better off at this point do
to the meditation practices. I do
believe in the benefits of meditation and I would love to be a benefactor of
those benefits, I just think my timing is off.
My goal is to make time to incorporate meditative practices at least
once a week and increase that as time permits.
I’d like to make it a regular part of my lifestyle, I just believe that timing will play a big part in successful meditation.
The saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" means without actual first-hand knowledge, one can only offer hearsay information as "fact". One may be able to point a person in the right direction but without being able to offer real insight of what to expect do to lack of experience.
Shineka; I feel the same way as you do. It is hard to make time with many new things with a hectic scheduled. I struggle as well, almost every week I make a plan but something always seems to come up that is more of a priority. I guess it can simply be making these things a priority because, like you, I know how beneficial they can be. I have read a few peoples posts and they have suggested other types of meditation, even beginner type meditation. I think this is something I will try and hopefully it will be easier because it is what I want to do instead of assigned.
ReplyDeleteThanks you
Cindy Potucek
I don't feel it's a bad thing Shenika, maybe your body is telling you the thoughts in the back of your mind are not pressing at this time. If your body wants to fall asleep, by all means let it. Think about it, a meditative practice is probably putting yourself into a better frame of mind for a good night's rest. Any bad dreams or nightmares? Maybe, but you may have an easier chance of learning what is going on if you focus on the dreams part. Your mind may be shifting to a more gentle path toward awareness by dreaming instead of a witnessing mind. I have more beliefs in dream interpretation than other practices for that is where some of the good and bad comes to light.
ReplyDeleteShineka, I completely understand where you are coming from. I think practicing meditation has to be a personal choice that you make on your own because you want to do it, as opposed to being forced to do it to satisfy grade requirements. I support practicing meditation because it works for me. I started doing it months and months prior to taking this course. I think if I had only started doing it during this class I would feel disconnected and struggle with it, as well.
ReplyDeleteShineka, I feel you on this if you are already tired and had a long day it's hard to listen to the sounds of the ocean without falling a sleep I love to go to the beach and just open the door and lay on the bed or just sit in a chair and listen to the ocean it is very relaxing. Meditation is just getting the mind to relax and then take you in a good place with a great peaceful mind.
DeleteLisa Kimbrough