Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Unit 10

I truly wish that I could report that I got more from this class, but unfortunately I feel that I didn't gained much personal growth.     I just didn't have the time to really put my heart into it.  Getting involved in practices such as meditation has to come from within, not for the benefit of a grade.  This was just a really bad time for me.  I'm not new to meditation, I been doing it (inconsistently) for a few years know, I've also tried yoga, and rekei so I'm no stranger to CAM modalities and what greatness they have to offer.  I plan to try to lighten my load a bit and in doing so, I really hope to find time to set new obtainable goals, and  take much better care of myself so that I may see a measurable amount of growth in all areas of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Shineka,
    I understand where you are coming from. I have found it to be so ironic that many times after a day of no exercise or contemplative practices as well as eating poorly because I feel that I did not have the time; I stay up late stressing out as I right papers on health and wellness.

    This is no criticism of the courses I have taken at Kaplan. I have learned so much, but actually implementing what I have learned is sometimes challenging. I am actually taking one quarter off so that I can try to implement the things all have learned, develop some good habits, and then see if I can maintain them when I start back into full time course load.

    I wish you luck in your endeavors as well. I'm sure that the material you have learned has helped you more than you realize.
    Sacha

    ReplyDelete